DestIndia Internships offers the chance to get unparalleled experience in one of the most important and exciting developmental areas; Microfinance.
Internships title: Program Coordinator – Micro Finance India Platform
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greater coordination / engagements with thought leaders, Think Tanks, Networks, resource persons.
- Involvement and engagement with senior Government officials, RBI, Financial Institutions, Banks, MFIs and other stakeholders.
- Engaging with policy makers in microfinance
- Assisting in fund raising for the platform
- Assisting in organizing policy workshops, initiate studies and research
- Support the author of the State of the Sector report on secondary research and data cleaning and analysis
- Coordinate with service providers for logistics management
- Coordinate Microfinance India Awards – seeking nominations, screening, coordinating with Jury members, communications and logistics
Ideally, micro finance internship applicants should have the following credentials:
- A post graduate degree in finance / economics / MBA from a reputed institution.
- Domain knowledge of microfinance
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively
- High communications and networking skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
ABOUT ACCESS DEVELOPMENT SERVICES:
We partner with ACCESS Development Services, (http://www.accessdev.org/) a not-for-profit company that seeks to support the organized growth of the microfinance sector in India as well as promote sustainable livelihoods of the poor.
Within the microfinance unit, the flagship initiative of ACCESS is the Microfinance India Platform. The platform consists of the following sub initiatives:
- Microfinance India Summit – Organised annually this is one of the largest congregation in the sector globally
- Microfinance India – State of the Sector Report is released annually at the time of the summit. The objective of this initiative is to support in-depth, well-researched, well-analyzed evidence on how the sector has made an impact at various levels. It is one of the most credible sources of information about the Indian microfinance sector
- Microfinance India Awards – ACCESS instituted the Awards in 2009 to honour institutions and individuals who have contributed to the up scaling of microfinance in the sector
- Research and policy advocacy – Studies and thematic retreats on current issues and challenges
- Knowledge Fair organised during the Summit – to showcase various related products and services offered by stakeholders in the sector is also organized.
Price: €140 per week (if the below is required- otherwise reduced)
What’s Included: Accommodation, Airport Pickup and Drop-Off, One Day Orientation, Tour, Welcome Pack, 24/7 Support
What’s Not Included: Flights, Visa Fees, Travel Insurance, Transport around India, Meals
How to apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com. We will contact you within a week for an interview