We partner with a number of NGOs- all of which give our interns and volunteers a life changing experience. The most impactful approach to interning /volunteering at an NGO– the only approach – is one designed by and for the community. Through our NGO program you will do meaningful work that addresses specific needs of the community. As you immerse yourself in the environment and work alongside local people to make a real impact, you’ll find beauty in every connection and commonality discovered, large or small.
DestIndia’s NGO internship Program provides unique volunteering opportunities for those who want to make a real difference to disadvantaged children. The NGO program’s objective is to develop a common ground for the mutual development of their partner NGOs needs and the intern’s needs for self expression, skill development and humanitarian contribution. The program is a truly inspiring time. Interns gain considerable personal development, enhancing their transferrable skills, and having a rewarding experience unique to this type of work.
The NGO’s we have carefully screened and selected all have a common them: they are dedicated to the care and protection of orphans and neglected street children, regardless of caste, colour, creed or religion. They seek to provide such children a real childhood, and create an environment which allows them to explore and discover their skills and talent, and to realize their rights as citizens of this nation. They provide everything a child needs for his/her overall holistic development – from nutrition to shelter, education to recreation, medical care to mental health care.
Typical Day to Day Activities include:
• Informal Education: Interns will be involved helping children learn core subjects like English, maths, general knowledge, as well as social skills like manners and etiquette. You could also help the students prepare for their exams.
• Arts & Crafts: You would conduct arts workshop involving arts and crafts. This part is up to your skills and imagination, and the main intention is to encourage the children to develop theirs and learn new skills.
• Healthy Body and Mind: You will teach the children the basics of health, hygiene and nutrition, picking up where previous interns have left off and introducing new topics and ideas to the students.
• IT Skills: You may teach the children how to use a computer and help develop useful practical skills.
• Games and Sports: You will teach the children the basics of different sports such as football, badminton and volleyball. By doing so the children learn to enjoy themselves by playing games and get good exercise as well.
• External Excursions: You may have the opportunity to take children local tourist sites to aid in their cultural understanding and to have a great day out!
Our Other Areas of Focus:
• Monthly food parcels
• Samarpan kitchens
• Currently engaged in the construction of free hospitals and HIV health care centres
• Filtration and purification of existing water supplies & purification of portable water
• Recharging of ground water through rain water harvesting
• Provision of overhead tanks for continuous water supply
DISASTER MANAGEMENT AND REHABILITATION
• Flood relief
• Construction of pre-fab houses
• Emergency medical relief
• Economic rehabilitation
• Rescuing and rehabilitation of bonded labour
• Adoption and development of individual villages
• Modern methodes of irrigation and agriculture
• Free hospitals
• Schools, vocational training centres
• Cooperative farming and marketing
• Fisheries and animal husbandry
• Eradication of mosquito infestation
• Cleaning of urban canals
• Medical relief programs
• Rehabilitation of prison inmate`s families
• Yoga and spiritual exercises to prison inmates
Program Cost: €120 per week (if accommodation required- otherwise substantially reduced)
What’s Included: Modern Accommodation, Airport Pickup and Drop-Off, One Day Orientation, Tour, Welcome Pack, 24/7 Supportm Meals (when living at the orphanage)
What’s Not Included: Flights, Visa Fees, Travel Insurance, Transport around India
How to apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you within a week for an interview