Private Equity Internships
DestIndia Internships offers internship opportunities at progressive PE/VC houses in India. Interns are expected to be focused, willing to learn, and able to adapt to the various different projects that the firm takes on.
Interns will learn about things such as underwriting projects, researching for new projects, how private equity firms raise capital, how to deal with investors, and various other activities that private equity firms deal with on a daily basis. Other specifics in regards to daily duties will vary due to the constant variety and variance in private equity dealings as a whole.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Candidate should be enrolled in an Engineering Degree program and have completed, 2+ years of a Technical/Engineering program at a top institute. MBA or other advanced degree can also apply
- Some exposure to management consulting, corporate development, private equity or investment banking experience in the technology industry (Internet, mobile, technology, Education) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to work with start-ups, entrepreneurs and a start-up team
India saw the largest increase in deal activity among the big Asia-Pacific markets in 2010. Although still far below the 2007 peak of US$17 billion, last year’s total deal value more than doubled from that of 2009 to US$9.5 billion, including venture capital, infrastructure PE investments and real estate investments.
The fundamentals look auspicious for PE in India to continue to grow and evolve in 2011 and beyond. Short-term nervousness in the capital markets in 2011 and highpriced corporate debt are expected to keep valuations down. That is likely to help open up interesting deal-making opportunities for PE investors. Healthy macroeconomic conditions continue to support India’s status as a preferred destination for investors.
India’s fundamentals will continue to attract eager PE investors and bolster the confidence of limited partners. The pace and strength of the industry’s future growth would be accelerated if valuations in India become more attractive and exits continue to build on the momentum established in 2010.
Program Cost: €200 per week (if the below is required- otherwise reduced)
What’s Included: Modern Accommodation, Airport Pickup and Drop-Off, One Day Orientation, Tour, Welcome Pack, 24/7 Support
What’s Not Included: Flights, Visa Fees, Travel Insurance, Transport around India, Meals
How to apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com. We will contact you within a week for an interview